The quest for the best -healthy- breakfast recipe continues and this time I tried something decadent, moist, chocolatey (duh!) with a surprise ingredient: zucchinis! And you can’t even tell. Again it’s super easy and fast cause #netflix and super yummy without the bad calories.
So here it goes:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup / 200 g coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml applesauce which I replaced with a bit of coconut oil
- 1 cup / 150 g whole wheat flour or if you run out of it (lol) just use plain
- 1/2 cup / 45 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups (about 300 – 320 g) grated zucchini (I used 3 medium ones)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips OR MORE 😉
- a dash of cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 175ºC
In a bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, salt and the applesauce or substitute.
Sift the flour and the cocoa powder into another bowl. Add the baking soda, the salt and the cinnamon. Mix well.
Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and combine until the dry ingredients are mixed in well. Don’t overdo it though.
Add the grated zucchini and the chocolate chips. Mix once more.
Pour the brownie batter into a greased 8 x 8” / 20 x 20 cm baking tin or something with similar dimensions.
Bake at 350°F / 175°C for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out somewhat clean. My oven is super hot so maybe you’ll need more time but you do want your brownies to be moist and not dry.
Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- And then allow to be worshiped in your stomach.